SliderJoints

Oct 26, 2007 at 10:49 AM
Hello

I would like to make a bridge building game with your great physic engine. So I need deformable beam. So I think to use linear spring for the beam. But for the bridge deck, I need collision.
So I thinck but use a linear spring between two pins and a Rectangle body attached to the pins with a revoluteJoint on one side and a sliderJoint on the other. But the sliderJoint don't work as I would like.
So could you explain me how I should use it (what are the anchor1 and 2 argument) or an other way to do what I would like to.
Thank you very much for your great work and for your help.
Coordinator
Oct 26, 2007 at 11:31 AM
you might try connecting all your rectangels with revolute joints and angle joints. i don't thing slider joints are really what you want.
Oct 26, 2007 at 2:58 PM
I need derformable beam, and I don't think it's possible if the beam is a solid body...

Another question : is it possible to find the force between two bodies ?

thank you
Coordinator
Oct 26, 2007 at 4:32 PM
This engine doesn't do true deformable objects. What I was suggesting is you make your beam out of several smaller beams and connect them with revolute joints and angle joints.

For your other question: I assume you mean the force being exerted by a joint on the two bodies it connects? You can't really get a "force" or "impulse" but you can get the joint error which indirectly tells you how much stress is being put on a joint. You can also set a breakpoint that will destroy the joint if the joint error excedes the breakpoint.