Quick Question...

Topics: User Forum
Oct 27, 2007 at 8:17 PM
Ok, for my game I am currently working on, I was planning on doing my own collisions thru help from other people, but I've had a whooole lot of problems with this and I'd really pay off to just use a physics engine for everything. This would also allow for extra things in my levels to make the game have a bit more flair.

Well the only problem is that in my game, for each level, it has a display texture, and a collision texture. Using per-pixel collision detection, I get the collisions. The question I have is could I somehow still use this setup in the farseer engine? If they is something I could do kinda like it, I would love to hear about it. Please help.
Oct 28, 2007 at 12:40 AM
Edited Oct 28, 2007 at 12:40 AM
I guess you could just skip all the Geometry stuff in my engine and then just calculate and apply impulses directly to bodies yourself.

Your collision solution will need to calculate the proper impulse response (magnitude and direction). You would also need to do your own Broadphase collision.

So, yes you could probably do this but it might be a bit of work to calculate the proper collision reponses.