Farseer problem with zune HD - Solved

Topics: User Forum
Mar 6, 2010 at 7:45 PM
Edited Mar 7, 2010 at 6:25 PM

I've been spending the last several weeks working on a game for the Zune HD and never had any problems deploying it to the device through Visual Studio.

Last night, I was finally preparing to release it, but ran into a wall when I created a .ccgame file and it won't unpack onto my Zune HD.  It keeps saying "Error 2600: The package contains files that should not be trusted".  This is extremely frustrating!  I've put a ton of time into this game.

Can anyone shed some light on this?? I'm using Farseer 2.1.3, although I've also tried 2.1.2 in the course of trying to figure this out.

I can't for the life of me understand why it would have worked fine deploying through visual studio but not when simply unpacking it as a .ccgame.  I've spent several hours now looking around the internet for this problem and have tried all the suggestions out there.  I've confirmed that it's definitely from the Farseer Physics XNA project.  I can create a new game and package it up and deploy it successfully, but as soon as I reference the Farseer project and package it up, I can no longer unpack it.

Things I've done:
update the farseer physics XNA project to XNA 3.1
created a zune copy of the farseer physics
added "XNA" to the conditional compilation symbols of the FPE project
I've also tried removing the project completely and instead copying the FPE source files directly into my game project, resulting in a single assembly
I've tried removing parts of the FPE that I wasn't using, such as PinJoints, Inactivity Controller, etc
I'm not using the PhysicsSimulatorView project (I think that was DemobaseXNA?)

I know I've seen FPE running on a Zune HD, so somehow it must be possible.  Any ideas for me?

EDIT: I figured it out.  In case anyone else ever runs into this issue, the main problem is with the SpatialHashCollider.cs.  My guess is it's because it references the System.Runtime.InteropServices assembly, which the xna validator doesn't like (at least for Zunes).  Since I wasn't using it anyway, I just excluded it from the project and it unpacked successfully on my Zune HD.