A Beginner Question

Jul 16, 2010 at 4:14 AM
Hey, guys.. I'm new to Farseer physics and I have one very "beginner" question would like to ask. How can I use the Farseer physics in XNA? I've been googling around but I couldn't find any tutorial about teaching the linking/referencing stuffs. Anyone can teach me what is the steps to setup the Farseer into my project? Thank You :D
Jul 16, 2010 at 4:40 AM

I would recommend just looking at the samples projects and copying what they do there.  They were made just for this purpose.

Jul 16, 2010 at 6:35 AM
but I need to know how it's connected/referenced to a project :( ?
Developer
Jul 16, 2010 at 8:00 AM

Had the same problem when i started with Farseer a while ago. So basically what you have to do is this:

1. After unzipping, copy the "Farseer Physics 2.x XNA" folder somewhere next to your project.

2. Within Visual Studio right-click on your solution and select 'Add'->'Existing Project...' and select the FarseerPhysicsXNA.csproj.

3. Next right-click on your project and select 'Add Reference...', go to the 'Projects' tab and select FarseerPhysicsXNA and your done.

4. Optionally from the "DemoBaseXNA" folder you might want to copy the "DrawingSystem" folder and "PhysicsSimulatorView.cs" to your "Farseer Physics 2.x XNA" folder. That enables you to use the Physics Simulator Debug View.

This works for Farseer 2.1.3, XNA 3.1 and any version of Visual Studio 2008. Though it should do fine for Farseer 3.x, too. Hope that helps getting you started. Actually using Farseer from there is just a breeze :)

Jul 16, 2010 at 10:02 AM
Yea, I'm doing the same ways like what u said and it's work now :D Thanks !