Please halp ! Boxes sliding ?

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
Jul 17, 2010 at 9:28 PM

Hello everyone !

I'm creating a xna game and I'm using farseer. I created test where I create box physic objects on mouse click.

The point is that when boxes fall down on the floor, boxes slides on floor, and I don't want them to slide, I need them to be more riggid, becouse I want to create a stocked boxes, and after a while they fall apart, and I don't want that. 

What can I do ? 

Can anyone write me properties that I have to use on body to make that, or better to give me a bit more explenation about body and geom object properties ...

Thanks in advence,

MercuryBD

Jul 18, 2010 at 3:44 PM
Restitution will affect the bounce/rebound. Friction to the boxes and/or ground should affect the sliding. Since you are using fp2.x, check out the manual.
Jul 18, 2010 at 7:22 PM

Thanks jerky for reply, but I know what those stuff are ( I was making games using Box2D), i didn;t know what are there default value and which value to use for other situations. I think I resolved the problem. I made number of iteration bigger than 5, and that solved the problem. I read somewhere that the number of iteration needs to be higher if you use it for stacking...

Thanks anyway jerky :)