What's going on with r73278?

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
Jul 19, 2010 at 4:04 PM

I have been working on a project using FP 3.0, but it looks like some major issues have been causing problems around r72634 (according to the change-notes - I haven't experienced the issues myself yet), and a major change-set in r73278. Could I get some background on the issues that are occurring?

Also, it has been said that FP3.0 is stable enough for day-to-day work. Is there a specific revision that you would recommend for pre-production work (no show-stopping issues)? My project is in the sandbox stage at the moment.

Jul 19, 2010 at 4:39 PM

I've been working with 72634 for 2 days now; everything seems ok with that one. Of course it's my first experience with 3.0 in any way so I can't make a claim as to its stability over other branches.

Jul 19, 2010 at 4:40 PM

Ian is doing a major re-factoring of the code.  He did it originally to track down a bug and now he is working to bring everything back up to where it was.  He said he is going to try and keep this new re-factored version a bit more inline with Box2D-XNA.

Jul 19, 2010 at 8:21 PM

Thanks for the update Jeff. Do you know if any of the re-factoring will cause breaking changes to existing FP3 client code?

Jul 19, 2010 at 8:44 PM
There was a bug somewhere that caused the simulation to be different from that of Box2D. I tried to track it down, but after a long period of trying to find it, I finally gave up and simply reverted back to Box2D.XNA. Right now I'm refactoring everything back to how it was in FPE 3.0. I will make an status update once I get all the samples working and I'm done refactoring.