Round object ricocheting of pointy edge.

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
Aug 5, 2010 at 10:30 PM

When a round object such as a ball collides with a pointy edge (a box) using an impulse (example, a jump), it causes the ball to ricochet VERY fast of the box and disappear.

I worked around this by rounding of the edges but it doesn't feel like a real fix. Rounding of every edge is a bit too much effort. I don't have a problem with it but I am working on an engine and other people might.

Any ideas?

Coordinator
Aug 6, 2010 at 1:27 PM
What version of Farseer are you using? Could you recreate the issue inside a testbed sample?
Aug 25, 2010 at 8:09 AM

Hello, I'm sorry for the late reply. I've been very busy with other aspects of the engine :(.

I'm using version 2.1 and the sample code is here http://rapidshare.com/files/415003510/sample.txt. Just replace it with the code in Demo2 in sample project that comes with 2.1. You have to repeatedly try and hit the corner, at one point it will error and VS will report a float error.

While doing the sample, I realized some of the values I have are very high but I couldn't get it all to work another way. Some advice on this would be great :).

Thank you very much!