How can I use FP3.0 ??

Aug 8, 2010 at 5:57 AM

Hey guys, I'm currently using FP2.1 to develop my game but until now I found out that I need one new feature which doesn't available in FP2.1 but it is available in 3.0. 

It is the body type -> Kinematic

So I was thinking how can I upgrade to 3.0 from 2.1? I've downloaded the 3.0 source codes but I couldn't found the .dll so how could I include it into my project ? (C# XNA)

Anyone know that, please teach me how to do that.

Aug 8, 2010 at 7:06 AM
Edited Aug 8, 2010 at 7:09 AM

If you open the solutions included in the Farseer download you will see that they include multiple projects. This is better than using a dll, as you can make changes whenever you want.

Heres how to do it:

• Create a new project
  • In the Solution Explorer, right click on the solution, select "Add", then select "Existing Project"
  • Add "Farseer Physics 3.0 XNA"
  • In the Solution Explorer, right click on the game's project and select "Add Reference"
  • Select the tab called "Projects"
  • Select Farseer

This adds the project as a reference, and automatically copies and updates the dll during builds

EDIT: To get the dlls you have to build the project yourself. Just open Farseer in C# and compile.

Aug 8, 2010 at 8:08 AM
I would like to ask where is the project file located? Inside the farseer folder that I've downloaded I only saw few folders, branches, documentation, source files and soe others. So Im not sure which project are u referring to? Mind to tell me in details abit?
Aug 8, 2010 at 8:26 AM

I think you are looking for \Branches\FP3.0\XNA\Farseer Physics 3.0 XNA.csproj

Aug 8, 2010 at 2:05 PM

Thanks, problem solved :D