Fixture / Textures / Camera For dummies?

Topics: User Forum
Sep 2, 2010 at 10:58 PM

Hey ya'll.

At first i thought id give farseer a chance so i downloaded 2.1.3 (i think) and went through the documentation. After a while i came to realise that 3.0 is probably the way to go for me since it has true circles.

So in the last couple of days ive been reading up on 2.1.3 and 3.0, trying to figure out a whole lot of stuff, tampering with helloworld, simplesamples and testbed. Reading up on forums and so on. Ive been stuck on many things so many times trying to figure out which methods and fixture types would work best for my game, its a wonder ive stille got hair. =)

Now, i do know how farseer works and how i would go about to implement it in my game using the same "camera" as in the testbed.
But what i cant seem to wrap my head around is how i should draw my textures to fit my fixtures, along with a background that scrolls sideways with my main character fixture.
Am i doing it the wrong way, trying to draw it with spritebatch using world coordinate vectors and passing the camera matrix' into begin method?

Is there an helloworld for this somewhere maybe that i cant find?

Sep 7, 2010 at 7:33 PM

Take a look at this thread.