Silverlight Support for Windows Phone 7

Topics: Developer Forum
Sep 26, 2010 at 7:09 PM

I've seen a few people porting Farseer Physics to the Windows Phone 7. This is exciting! However, it seems like everyone is leaning towards running Farseer Physics for XNA on Windows Phone 7. What about running Farseer Physics in Silverlight on the phone instead.

Is Silverlight a bad choice for running apps using Farseer Physics for the WIndows Phone 7?

Sep 26, 2010 at 10:53 PM

It is possible to run the Silverlight build of Farseer Physics on Windows Phone 7. I am currently working porting my game Snow Spill to WP7 as a Silverlight app. Also the original creator of Farseer Physics (Jeff Webber) is making a game for WP7 with Silverlight and Farseer Physics called Krashlander.

If you are going to share code between a Silverlight web project and a Silverlight WP7 project you should check out this post.

Weather it's better to use Silverlight or XNA probably depends mostly on you and what your planning. If you know one better you might want to use that one. Keep in mind that it is possible to turn an XNA project into a Silverlight project using silversprite, but I'm not aware of an easy way to convert in the other direction.