New game using Farseer released

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
Oct 2, 2010 at 5:22 PM

Hi!

Superspace 2 has just been released on Xbox live Indie games. It's using the Farseer physics engine 2.1.3, plan to use 3.0 for the next project :)

Give it a try if you own an Xbox, and remember to rate it (if you like it :))
Trailer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Izoeu3VqbTk

If anyone have technical questions about implementation I will be happy to answer them

Coordinator
Oct 2, 2010 at 6:30 PM

Very nice game! Well made and the effects are stunning.

I'm curious about your experience with tunneling and raycasting using 2.1.3 - did it give you any trouble and did you have to develop some physics yourself?

Oct 2, 2010 at 7:11 PM

No problems with tunneling since I don't have any objects moving super fast, I did have problems with the player ship angular velocity turning into NAN at times. But a couple of checks if variables would turn into NAN eliminated this problem.

I'm using raycasting for the laser beams seen in the trailer, works nice. I did a few modifications but nothing major. I have bouncing lasers and that I implemented outside of Farseer. I don't know if this is possible to do in Farseer, on collision work out the reflecting vector?

It will be interesting to look at Farseer 3 now :)

Oct 3, 2010 at 10:14 AM

I really enjoyed this! It's got a great Amiga-era vibe, works really well. 5 stars :)

Oct 3, 2010 at 9:04 PM

Thank you thezombiecow :) it's inspired by Gravity force on the Amiga, I played that game ALOT

Coordinator
Oct 4, 2010 at 12:34 AM

congrats, very nice!