Farseer Physics 2.1.3

Topics: User Forum
Oct 17, 2010 at 12:00 PM

Hello

I have been using Farseer Physics 2.1.3 for the creation of a game for the XBLIG marketplace. Before it was just a windows project, but now that I have a premium membership I made an xbox copy of the game so I could deploy it onto my xbox 360. Unfortunately doing so created 614 errors that were not their before I made the xbox copy. I believe the problem to be due to the contents of one of the Farseer Physics folders being empty for a reason that I do not know, but it may have been deleted somehow. The folder 'Farseer Physics 2.1.3 XNA with simple samples\Farseer Physics 2.1.3 XNA\bin\x86\Debug' has the contents it usually does (a 'Content' folder, a dll file, and a pdb file), but the Xbox 360 version of that folder (Farseer Physics 2.1.3 XNA with simple samples\Farseer Physics 2.1.3 XNA\bin\Xbox 360\Debug) is for some reason empty. This is why the problem did not occur on my PC, but did when I tried to deploy it as an xbox game.

I was going to just redownload Farseer Physics 2.1.3 and find the files I needed in the download, but now I notice that there is a new version, and the old version is no longer available. After finally acquainting myself with v 2.1.3 and integrating it into my project I really do not want to upgrade to v3, as it seems like too much of a hassle. So I was wondering if there was some way I could get a hold on the files I need from v2.1.3.

Coordinator
Oct 17, 2010 at 12:10 PM

The 2.1.3 release is still avaliable under the Downloads tab. All the old releases are avaliable for download there.

The problem you are having are probably caused by the Vector2 and other XNA related classes. Try downloading the Xbox version of the library instead.

Oct 17, 2010 at 2:08 PM

oh, sorry. Only saw version 3 before in the downloads section.

I downloaded the Xbox version of the library but I still have some problems. I don't know if these are farseer related though, it looks like all the references and assemblies are messed up. I am waiting for a responce on the XNA forum. I will post here again if we find that there still is a problem with farseer.

By the way, could it be because I am using v2.1.3 in XNA 4.0? Because I started in 3.1 then converted to 4.0, and then made an XBox copy in 4.0. Maybe it is just incompatible with XNA 4.0. If that is the case, would you recomend upgrading to farseer 3.0. How different is 3.0 from 2.1.3?