Drawing the spriteBatch and the DebugView at the same time

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
Nov 4, 2010 at 10:32 AM
Edited Nov 4, 2010 at 10:33 AM

Hi again,

I'd like to thank the team for their continued help and to once again ask the community a question.

This question is relating to the drawing the spriteBatch as well as the DebugView together.

I’ve got both working separately, but from what I see they both work in different ways.

Would it be possible for someone to give me a hand and point out the steps for changing my spriteBatch drawing to match up with the DebugView drawing?

Thanks in advance for any replies and help.

Gerard Downes

Coordinator
Nov 4, 2010 at 10:35 AM

You can pass the projection matrix from the debugview to the spritebatch. There is a thread about it I saw not too long ago.

Nov 4, 2010 at 10:37 AM

Thanks for the quick response, I've been looking through the threads and didn't see it, but I'll give it another look, if possible would you have a link ?

Thanks again

Gerard Downes

Coordinator
Nov 4, 2010 at 10:42 AM

Take a look here and here.

Nov 4, 2010 at 10:43 AM

Your very helpful Genbox, thank you

Nov 5, 2010 at 2:57 AM

Still having problems with this even after reading both articles and putting them into practice  and a few others I found, does anybody have any code they could send me with spriteBatch and the DebugView drawing at the same time, I would be very greatful, a super simple example would do if possible. Thanks for your time, my email address is GDownes(at)gmail(dot)com

Nov 5, 2010 at 9:36 AM

I have the same problem.

Developer
Nov 5, 2010 at 10:36 PM

Getting a sample ready as I type!

Developer
Nov 5, 2010 at 11:37 PM

Ok here is your sample!

http://www.mediafire.com/?mt8xvxa9wyo7b3u

Let me know if you have any problems!

Nov 11, 2010 at 5:24 PM

Thanks!!!