Forcefields Status update

Topics: Developer Forum, Project Management Forum
Nov 21, 2010 at 5:34 PM

Hey there,

so i have converted most of the work done so far to controllers and so far that seems to work pretty well.

I am currently working on cleaning up the code (wich is a debug and testing MESS right now) and adding
some bells and whistles before sharing a first Alpha (or pre-Alpha ?).

I'll stick to this thread to post updates and when it becomes available. As a little teaser here is a VortexForcefield
(wich isnt completely done yet, as the centrifugal compensation isnt spot on yet as well as some planned features

are still missing).

To better illustrate the force effects i did a bit of extended debug drawing to show the body's trajectories.

Planned Features to be posted soon. Any input is highly welcome.

Sorry for the stuttering, the screenrecorder didnt play too nice.

Nov 21, 2010 at 8:28 PM

Looks great Thorsten. There is a lot of effects that can be done when you start thinking of bodies as particles. You don't have to worry too much about messy code as I always clean up the patches sent to me, but I do have a high standard when it comes to stability and bugs. Use the time you need to finish it up and I will be happy to take a look at it.

Nov 21, 2010 at 9:46 PM

Thanks. I will most definately! I started a codeplex project to have svn and will publish it soon. There will be a lot of showstopping changes coming along tho, so i wouldnt really recommend getting into it straight away. If anyone wants to play and/or provide feedback and input everyone is most welcome of course!

Nov 21, 2010 at 9:48 PM

You did not need to start a whole project just for that. I can add you to FPE source control if you wish.

Nov 22, 2010 at 7:53 AM

Ah, that would be even easier i guess. I will prolly have a bunch of questions so i don't ruin your structure hehe.

Thanks in advance,