This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Farseer 3 Joint Problem

Dec 4, 2010 at 5:10 PM

    I have been using a fairly old version of the 3.0 code and I've just tried to upgrade but my game breaks. I eventually tracked the version down where it started to go wrong, version 79485, before that version everything is fine. Just wondered if there is anything know about this version that I need to update? I've no idea why it would stop working? Here's a picture of the previous version and then one of my game in 79485. Thanks.

Dec 4, 2010 at 10:45 PM

It looks like your joints are positioned incorrectly. The joint anchors might have changed in one of the change-sets. I recommend you stick with releases instead of source control as stuff might break between change-sets.

What kind of joints are the ones that are broken? distance joint? I changed the RopeJoint as the only joint in change-set 78485 and all the other changes are related to collision categories. Not sure why that particular change-set is not working for you.

Dec 5, 2010 at 9:37 AM

I get the same thing in the 3.1 release I just wanted to trace it back to the actual change, so I need to fix it if I ever want to update. They're mostly revolute joints with a front and back prismatic for the suspension, they look in the wrong place, only the ones on the wheels seem to be correct. Perhaps if collision categories changed my ragdoll is colliding with itself, the legs just look a mess though and are overlapping. :(

Dec 5, 2010 at 11:19 AM

That might be it. You could take the collision category code from the older revision and paste it into the new one. FPE 3.2 will have the ability to run in both modes (Box2D and FPE collision filtering mode)