Make Fixture.CollisionFilter Read Only

Topics: Developer Forum, Project Management Forum, User Forum
Dec 31, 2010 at 6:56 PM

I tried to do the following in my bullet creating code and it totally didn't work.  Literally ended up shooting myself.

Fixture.CollisionFilter = Source.Fixture.CollisionFilter;

I think the Fixture.CollisonFilter property might need to be made read only.  I was thinking you might have built the CollisionFilter class so that it can be re-used to save on memory.

Also, be sure to note in the breaking changes list for 3.2 that CollisionEventHandler is now called OnCollisionEventHandler.  That threw me for a minute.

Sorry for not updating the docs like I said I would.  Your note about it being temperamental scared me off and I've been focused keeping my project moving forward.  Why don't we revise the old 2.1 docs and copy and paste it from Word to the web?

Thanks again Genbox for all of your excellent work.  I was getting a null reference in one of the body factories and it magically vanished when I updated to the latest source.

Bryan

Dec 31, 2010 at 9:33 PM

If anyone would like to check out the game I'm making, it's now playable at http://virtue.smote.com.  I think it might be the most sophisticated silverlight game yet.

Coordinator
Jan 1, 2011 at 9:08 PM
Edited Jan 1, 2011 at 9:09 PM

I made a last minute update to the FPE 3.2 release as you suggested. The CollisionFilter is now read-only.

I started the new documentation with the 3.0 release as 3.0 were a lot different from 2.x, even though it had the same tools. If you have some changes to the documentation or would like to update it with the new features of FPE 3.2, I would really appreciate it.

By the way, I tried to try the game, but it seems I already have an account (I believe I created an account once some time ago?) and I forgot the password. A retrieve password function is missing.

Edit: The collision filter should probably be a structure, but this close to the release, I could not get a good overview of the consequences of changing it.