Strange problem with deleting bodies

Jan 3, 2011 at 2:04 PM

This is a strange problem I've been having to deal with, I only just found a sure fire way to reproduce it 100% of the time. I've made a video of it:

What's happening in the video is when the bird hits the wood it deletes the body the wood is associated with. When both supporting pieces of wood are destroyed in a shot through it the other piece of wood they're holding up does not fall (and I can also verify if only one of the two pieces of wood is deleted the body they're holding up just stays there).

Any ideas how I can prevent this from happening?

Jan 3, 2011 at 2:22 PM

Looks like the body hanging in the air keeps on sleeping and is thus not updated. Looks like you found a bug ;)

Two workarounds for you to try:

Set awake to true on a body before you remove it. That should wake up all adjecent bodies too.

If that does not work you could try setting sleepingallowed to false on all bodies. Not good for performance but should work in your case as long as you don't have to many objects on the screen at the samte time.

I'd consider both solutions a dirty hack though, so remember to remove them once uhm genbox has fixed this problem ;D

Jan 3, 2011 at 2:26 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.