Transparancy in Debug view

Topics: User Forum
Jan 15, 2011 at 6:41 PM

I am creating a winphone game called 7bomb that involves falling bombs and other related coolness, but I am having one difficulty with the color of blank objects. They appear to all be slightly transparent and not as vivid as I would like... I think that this might be something to do with an obscure setting somewhere, but I can not find it. I use the debug material and set the color to be fully green and fully opaque but it just doesn't seem to be working at all... Please help.

Jan 16, 2011 at 8:58 PM

*bumb* I still cant figure out how to get the transparancy fixed, please help.

Coordinator
Jan 16, 2011 at 10:37 PM

Drawing it out of the scope of this engine. We only provide samples and debug view to make your life easier. I think your problem has to do with pre-multiplied alpha values. Some places you will see a fill color being multiplied by 0.5 or 1. That is what controls the transparency.

Developer
Jan 16, 2011 at 11:12 PM

Besides it is very likely that the debug material is gone in the next release. So I wouldn't use it for anything else than prototyping and well debugging.

Jan 16, 2011 at 11:53 PM

alright, thanks. I was just using the debug view because then I would not have to write my own filling algorithm.