Getting started

Topics: Developer Forum
Feb 10, 2011 at 12:19 PM

Hello there,

I'm new to XNA development but not new to web/silverlight development.  I've managed to successfully implement the farseer engine on silverlight but I am having trouble setting this up under XNA.  I'm also having trouble finding a decent resource about this.  The demo application source code has 3 projects in it plus the actual physics library.  What I really want to do is start my own project, import the physics library and then continue from there (thus getting a greater understanding of how this all works).

Is anyone aware of any teaching resource, forum post or any kind of advice or link that would help me find out this information?

Thanks very much in advance!

Tim

Coordinator
Feb 10, 2011 at 1:20 PM

There is a HelloWorld project that shows you the very essentials of setting Farseer Physics Engine up in XNA.

The version that resides in the source control has been rewritten to use the Spritebatch class from XNA. It might be easier to understand.

Feb 10, 2011 at 2:03 PM

Yes that is much better, thank you.  It is still using the DebugView project as well, but at least I can see how the physics have been applied to the objects and the use of the Body class.  Thank you!

Note to others though: thats a windows project, not a windows phone 7 one.