Optimizing Settings for 360

Topics: User Forum
Mar 21, 2011 at 3:32 AM

Hi Farseer community,

I've finished work on a game I've been making, a 2D platformer where the player can create physics-enabled bricks, which are then pushed about by enemies trying to attack the player.  The game runs great on PC, but runs into what I assume are processor bottle-necking issues when built on 360.  The issue mainly seems to stem from when a collision ripples through a large stack of Bodies.  Obviously I've been looking into ways to reduce the number of Bodies used in gameplay, but short of that, are there any specific values in Settings.cs you might suggest I tamper with in order to improve overall performance with lots of colliding Bodies?  I've already tried dropping the velocity and position iterations as much as possible without affecting gameplay, but I'm not sure what most of the other options do, let alone which ones would have the greatest effect on performance.

Thanks!

Coordinator
Mar 21, 2011 at 8:34 PM

If you don't have any high velocity items, you could try to disable CCD. Also make sure you disable diagnostics and compile in release mode.