How to use Debug view

Mar 24, 2011 at 2:10 PM

Hi, im just starting out with farseers and im mainly using the Helloworld sample to get up and running but one thing i havent been able to do is display the debug view.

I dont know if this sample has it built in or how you activate it.

Also are there any plans on updating the documentation page to 3.3?

Coordinator
Mar 25, 2011 at 11:25 AM

The debug view is a project in itself that is used in the Hello World sample. You create a new instance of the DebugViewXNA class, give it the World that contains your physics elements and call Draw() on it. That is all that is needed it get it working.

As for the documentation, I have plans of updating the documentation, but currently I'm too busy implementing features for FPE 3.4.

Mar 27, 2011 at 2:29 AM
Edited Mar 27, 2011 at 3:24 AM

Ahh thanks.

Im just trying to integrate it into the hello world project before i use it in my own byt when i call 

RenderDebugData(ref Matrix projection, ref Matrix view)
I know that the ref Matrix view is the _view from the project, but what is the projection matrix?
Also is there any draw methods that dont require any matricies as im not using any in my project at the moment 

Managed to get it kinda working but the positioning isnt 100% right.
Just thought i would mention that _device, _batch & _stringData all gave me this error Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Mar 27, 2011 at 4:12 AM

Are there any resources you would recommend to better understand the framework until the documentation is up?  From what I can tell the 3.x releases have gone through a bit of a restructuring.

Developer
Mar 29, 2011 at 5:16 PM

@maleone0487: At the moment I can just recommend having a look at the HelloWorld sample, the samples framework, and the testbed... or even the code. Also the Box2D forum/manual might be helpful... Farseer is still based on Box2D after all.