Breakable Body and Textures

Topics: Developer Forum, Project Management Forum, User Forum
Mar 28, 2011 at 4:40 PM

I've been looking at the new Breakable Body Example in the XNA Samples and been messing around with it to get it to work for what I'm doing.  I can create the Breakable Body however when I go to break the body it doesn't break because of the texture I'm assuming. 

In the example in XNA Samples you guys color the polygons with a single color by going through all of the polygons and coloring their vertices.  Do I need to figure out how to Color the breakable body from the texture using a Color Array or something to that effect or do breakable bodies only work with single colors?  I'm hoping to find out if Breakable Bodies work with textures that are fully colored and designed.   I assume they are but I might be going about it in the wrong way. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCeKMcVs9qU  In this video it shows the example of the alphabet that you guys have in the XNA Samples project however they look like they came straight from textures.  I could be wrong in my assumption though.

Any help is welcome and I commend you guys on your hard work with the physics engine.