Using debugview with Farseer Physics Engine 3.3

Topics: Project Management Forum, User Forum
Apr 7, 2011 at 7:59 PM

Hi all,

I want to use debugview to be used  with the Farseer Physics Engine 3.3 HelloWorld XNA example, but in debug I get the following error:

Error    1    The referenced assembly "C:\Users\Groover\Downloads\
Farseer Physics Engine 3.3 HelloWorld XNA(2)\Farseer Physics Engine 3.3 HelloWorld XNA\
DebugView XNA\Content\bin\AnyCPU\Debug\DebugView XNA Content.dll" was not found.
 If this assembly is produced by another one of your projects, please make sure to build that project before building this one.  

How can I fix this?

Thanks in advance,

Groover.

Apr 7, 2011 at 9:43 PM
The debug component is a separate project. Make sure you have compile this and added it as a reference in your project.

To: [email removed]
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2011 12:59:41 -0700
Subject: Using debugview with Farseer Physics Engine 3.3 [FarseerPhysics:253010]

Hi all,
I want to use debugview to be used with the Farseer Physics Engine 3.3 HelloWorld XNA example, but in debug I get the following error:
Error 1 The referenced assembly "C:\Users\Groover\Downloads\
Farseer Physics Engine 3.3 HelloWorld XNA(2)\Farseer Physics Engine 3.3 HelloWorld XNA\
DebugView XNA\Content\bin\AnyCPU\Debug\DebugView XNA Content.dll" was not found.
If this assembly is produced by another one of your projects, please make sure to build that project before building this one.
How can I fix this?
Thanks in advance,

Groover.
Read the full discussion online.
To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (FarseerPhysics@discussions.codeplex.com)
To start a new discussion for this project, email FarseerPhysics@discussions.codeplex.com
You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.
Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com
Apr 7, 2011 at 10:19 PM

Hi elijahNomad,

The debug component is included in the example, but not used. I did a successful rebuild, checked and added reference and I still get the error.

In previous projects I just added the debugview to my project and made a reference to it and it worked. It seems that the content directory in debugview is missing.

Can I add it from 3.2 projects?

thanks,

Groover.