bouncing objects glue to surface in new version

Apr 16, 2011 at 5:36 AM
Edited Apr 16, 2011 at 5:36 AM

Hi all,

I'm creating a game and just upgraded to a 3.x version of Farseer physics, via the latest Physics Helper installer. I notice that I get weird behaviors from objects now. Instead of just bouncing slower and slower when they hits walls (I have no gravity in my game) they bounce as before until they hit a specific threshold, and then they just stop.

I understand that there must have been changes for certain values, but what value should I update for this to worrk as before?

Sorry that I'm not sure what exact versions I upgrade from and to, but the issue must be well-known to most of you.

Thanks!

Pettrer

Coordinator
Apr 16, 2011 at 10:10 PM

There was an issue with earlier version of Farseer where balls would stick to walls. Upgrade to the latest and see if the issue was resolved.

Apr 18, 2011 at 11:28 PM
Genbox wrote:

There was an issue with earlier version of Farseer where balls would stick to walls. Upgrade to the latest and see if the issue was resolved.

Hi,

Thanks so much for you reply. Well, it's since I updated to the latest (?) release that this happened to me! Previously I used the msi installer for Physics Helper from early December. Now I upgraded to a later version of Farseer Physics and got this problmeatic behaviour. I'll try to update here again, in case there is yet a newer update correcting the problem.

Anyway, your reply made me think of a nice little old tune...

"You can't stop them (God bless ya!)
They´re coming to get you
And then you'll get your
Balls to the wall man
Balls to the, balls to the wall!"

Love from Sweden,

Pettrer