Changes causing me errors in new version of Farseer Engine

May 19, 2011 at 10:20 AM

Hi all,

I'm trying to replace my 3.0 version of the engine to the 3.3.1 version.

I just downloaded the 3.3.1 Silverlight version (I'm developing a Silverlight game), built the project, and added a reference to the resulting FarseerPhysicsSilverlight ddl file from within my References folder in my game - I hope this is the correct way of doing things. 

I run into a couple of problems, and I think they have to do with the rewrite of BodyObject and so. For some reason, I can't find anything on these issues when performing a search in the forum.

Could someone please tell me how I should substitute these three things? I'd be very grateful!

Pettrer

PhysicsSprite sprite1 = GameControllerBehavior._physicsController.PhysicsObjects[ctl.Name];
                    foreach (Fixture f in sprite1.BodyObject.FixtureList) //this is indicated as the problematic row (FarseerPhysics.Dynamics.Body is defines in an assembly that is not referenced)
                        f.CollisionGroup = 5;

Math.Abs(sprite1.BodyObject.LinearVelocity.X) // Te error msg says FarseerPhysics.Dynamics.Body does not contain a definition for LinearVelocity

UserControl explosion = new ucExplode();
                        explosion.SetValue(Canvas.TopProperty, (double)sprite2.Position.Y); //The error msg says Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Vector2 does not contain a definition for Y

May 23, 2011 at 7:25 AM

Hi again,

Sorry for bumping this thread, but someone must know this (and I surely don't! ;-)  ).

Please help me out.

Pettrer

(BTW: As Farseer Physics is free, I for one would gladly pay for swift support from the staff, say one or two dollars a question. With a few hundred users, this could make some revenue for the people who are working on this project, and I could get help faster.)

Coordinator
May 25, 2011 at 1:32 PM

Hi Pettrer,

I'm trying to keep the project free of charge, and it is up to the users of Farseer Physics Engine if they would like to donate or not. The continued support of the Farseer Physics Engine developers and users are what is keeping this project running. A donation, code contribution or dedication to help on the forums - all of them are very welcome.

As for your problem. It would be great if you could send me over the code. I might be able to fix it up and send it back to you.

May 25, 2011 at 2:11 PM

Thanks so much! I emailed the code as it's not all my code but also someone elses.

Pettrer

Coordinator
May 25, 2011 at 5:18 PM

I have not received anything yet. If you have sent it, please try again.