AngleJoint softness

Jul 6, 2011 at 10:27 AM

Hi, I'm trying to put a worm-like character from an older game (FP3.0) into a new game (FP3.3.1), but I have troubles with the anglejoint. I use the targetAngle property a lot, but in the new version there is a huge softness, even though I put the softness on 0.1 or even zero. In the old version, the bodies would rotate quite immediately; now they slowly move to the desired angle and even bounce a bit.

Is there anything changed about the AngleJoint I should now? And what can I do about this?

Jul 8, 2011 at 10:46 AM

Really no one who can shine a light on this?

Jul 11, 2011 at 2:09 PM

I'm not sure if I can be that much help, especially since my only advice is tweaking. Even changing the bias_factor and mass would make a difference. I think the default maximum rotational impulse is already infinite but I'd double check that.

I haven't followed the updates enough to give you a definate answer on what has changed in that 0.1 of version difference. You could always try replacing it with revolute joints with angle limits. It really depends how your worm-like character works.

Jul 12, 2011 at 12:21 PM

Thanks for the suggestions Grave. I've tried all this, but nothing seemed to help. Changed the character's behaviour to work around it... (ugly)