farseer 2.1.3 simple angle spring

Topics: Developer Forum
Jul 12, 2011 at 3:17 PM
Edited Jul 12, 2011 at 3:23 PM

Hey there. I'm using farseer 2.1.3 (for reasons i wont go into). I have a simple game where by the player is a circle that sits in the centre of the screen and can fly about and hit walls (this uses farseer physics). But i would like for the circle to always try and face the mouse. I thought the best way to do this would be to create an AngleSpring in the centre of the circle and attatch it to both the body of the circle and a body of the mouse. This way, when the circle hits the walls it will react but appear to try and restore its rotation to face the mouse again. I have no idea how to do this, i've looked through pretty much all the documentation i can find on farseer and it seems that there is a lack of tutorials for showing you how to do the most simple stuff. I don't know what is required to create and attatch springs to body's ect. Could anyone give me a simple example? I can post my code so far if you wish, i hope i've made myself clear enough though.

Thanks in advance

p.s. I'm open to suggestions if someone thinks they have a better way to achieve a similar effect

Developer
Jul 12, 2011 at 10:56 PM

I understand what your trying to do, but I will definitely need a complete project to try and help you. Farseer 2.1.3 is way old and I can't remember exactly how it works.

Jul 14, 2011 at 3:18 PM

Thank you for replying but after much consideration, i've decided against attempting to do this after all as i think it will probably hinder gameplay too much for the game i'm trying to make. Do you have an email address that i can email queries to about using farseer because i find it very difficult to find help and i'm bound to run into more problems in the future.