Joints not retaining distance after loading

Topics: Developer Forum
Jul 28, 2011 at 5:44 PM

Greetings All!

I'm having a rather frustrating issue related to joints. I have constructed an editor that allows users to go in and click on two objects and link them together with a joint. The anchor points are automatically generated based on where the user clicks and it works fantastically. Unfortunately, whenever I load one of these joined objects, they are instantly snapped on top of each other, regardless of what they're positions were. I've already checked to make sure that both the object positions as well as the anchor points are being correctly saved and loaded, and I've stepped through the joint creation method during loads as well as during the initial creation and can't find any differences.

The strange thing is that the objects are initially created in the correct positions, but once the engine updates, they are snapped together. I'm at the end of my rope with this one, so any suggestions would be fantastic. 

Aug 1, 2011 at 2:03 AM

Same thing happens to me. Not 100% certain, but I think it has to happen in this order:

1. Create bodies, set positions in physics world.

2. World.Step();

3. Joint things together.