I'm coming back to FPE

Coordinator
Oct 22, 2011 at 9:15 PM

Hi FPE community,

For about 4 years I worked on this project. I used several hours each day, writing code, organizing contributions, fixing bugs, helping on the forums, helping by email etc. it was becoming increasingly tedious and the workload in the end simply overwhelmed me, so I decided I needed some time away from the project.

Good news! I'm coming back to work on the project after 6 months of being idle. I see there is a lot of work to be done, but as I have school and 3 jobs I need to take care of, I'll have to do the majority of the work on FPE in the weekends. A big thanks goes to Matthew, Elsch, Eric and David for keeping the boat afloat while I was gone. They have coded on the project and help out on the forums, without them, things would have been really quiet by now.

Next thing is to get the source tree up to speed. I have a lot of big improvements ready for FPE, but never got around to implement them. I will make another discussion with a to do list of what I hope to get done over the next couple of weeks.

Oct 22, 2011 at 10:21 PM

Your and team's hard work is very appreciated. Thank you.

/ Yet Another Hobbyist Game Developer

Oct 23, 2011 at 10:49 PM

Welcome back Genbox! Farseer is very fun to work with

I hope there'll be some some improvements with CuttingTools too!

Oct 24, 2011 at 8:20 AM

An awesome new for starting the week!

Coordinator
Oct 28, 2011 at 5:34 PM

Hey, welcome back genbox. 

Coordinator
Oct 28, 2011 at 11:38 PM

Thanks a lot.

I won't be working on the project next week. I've been invited by Microsoft to do a talk on XNA at a conference. Got the call today and within 5 minutes they had already booked the flight (thumbs up!)

I'll try to get all Box2D changes into FPE this weekend, hopefully I can get a working version done this week.

Coordinator
Oct 31, 2011 at 6:33 PM

Nice!! Good look with the talk and congrats.

Nov 1, 2011 at 7:02 PM

Good work and welcome back!

I've been gone too for some time but now I'm back and excited about wp7!

Developer
Nov 5, 2011 at 10:06 AM

Hey, welcome back!

Im quite busy with my dissertation atm... so lots of other stuff got left behind. But im sure i'll find some time to implement a few new samples for 3.4 around the holidays.

Also... will those talks be publically available on the web somewhere for us to see? :)

Coordinator
Nov 10, 2011 at 10:21 PM

Hi elsch. I've been showing off your samples at the talks and they love it! It runs perfect on WP7 and PC (even with an Xbox360 controlled attached to the PC). I've never tested FPE as much as I've had to do at the talks.

So far none of the talks have been recorded. The next talk (this Saturday) is at a WP7 conference 300 km from where I live. I don't think it will be recorded, so I'll ask the guys at the conference to take some pictures of the talk for me to put on Facebook and the Codeplex website.