Adjusting Physics

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
Jun 28, 2008 at 4:44 PM
First, I want to say this is very easy to use, like so many have done already.  Your examples are very helpful.
Is it possible to dynamically-vary any of the physics parameters for bodys and the engine itself, e.g. drag, friction, moi, etc.?
For example, I would like to vary drag or friction, to make it harder or easier to move, based on Position or conditions of my choosing at runtime.
Please advise, and thanks in advance.
Jun 28, 2008 at 5:01 PM
Do you know how to edit Friction already and your just asking how to change it depending on where you are or that you dont know how to change the friction?
Jun 28, 2008 at 9:05 PM

I understand what the physics values mean and how to set them.  I know how to do hit-testing and geometry.

I am asking can i just change the properties and have them apply on the next update and it just works?  Or do I have to create a controller to change it properly?  Is there any other bookkeeping to call, other than just changing the body/geom properties directly?

Treacles wrote:
Do you know how to edit Friction already and your just asking how to change it depending on where you are or that you dont know how to change the friction?

Jun 28, 2008 at 9:15 PM
You should be able to change it and it updates... Just try a small test of it first before applying it to your game (If your making a game that is) On BMax to do this you'd just have to do an If statement in the Update() Function to check if its Colliding with a certain Geometry and then change the properties if it is