Circles Colliding and Becoming One

Jul 6, 2008 at 12:24 PM
I have a game with marbles that collided into each other and I have noticed a problem that I have I put off fixing for a while.  If marble collided with too much speed they get absorbed into each other.

I pretty much know how it happens.  I assume that since the marble is going so fast that from one frame to another the marble ends up inside the other.  Based on the engine it can't expell the other because they are the same size and shape.

Does anybody have an idea how to fix this?

For now, I have just limited the speed of the marbles, but I would really like them to go fast.  I haven't tried adding more vertices.  I don't know if that would help.
Jul 6, 2008 at 1:16 PM
Have you tried making the marbles bigger? And you should try giving it more vertices, Or making the Time step smaller or larger
Jul 6, 2008 at 5:18 PM
I have tried making the marble larger.  It works, but sadly I really do need the marbles the size they are.

Adjusting the Time Step... that sounds like it might work.  I see two problems with that though.  One- I don't know how.  Two- If I use that work around I'm afriad how this might react on other slower machines.  I'm running a pretty fast rig here and I'm afraid others just won't get the same results.  So unless Farseer has a time step setting that is set way below what is is capable of.... well I don't.

I'll go subdivided my balls and see what happens. (lol)