Ragdoll?

Jul 21, 2008 at 2:42 AM
Okay, im trying to make a ragdoll but cant figure out which joints to use?
Is there some sort of joint that just sort of Pins one object to another, that can be given a target angle? Or is there some sort of combo of joints i need??? 
Coordinator
Jul 23, 2008 at 3:04 PM
You can use anglespring and anglejoint. Anglejoint puts to bodies together with an angle and Anglespring also puts to bodies together, but the angle is "soft" and can be changed by force.
Jul 24, 2008 at 2:22 AM
Neither of those actually attach them... just change the angle of them, the revolute joint kinda does this but it extends making the objects go weird as well... looks like this when i start:

____
|......|
|......|
|...|..|
|...|..|
|_|_|____
|___|____|

Then this a few secs after

____
|......|
|......|
|......|
|....\.|
|___\
........\
.....__\______
     |________|

Then just keeps moveing around randomly
Coordinator
Jul 24, 2008 at 11:15 PM
How about AngleLimitJoint? I've seen the ragdoll inside Physics2D, it uses a hingejoint, AngleLimitJoint should be the closest.
Coordinator
Jul 25, 2008 at 1:15 AM
Edited Jul 25, 2008 at 2:38 AM
I can't see what you where trying to illustrate. This may be because of codeplex.

Anyway, I think I know what you mean, and this sort of behavior occurs when you join to bodies together to close to each other.
The attached body behaves very odd by moving all over. You will have to put an offset on the attached body and joint.

EDIT: I've made a ragdoll with Farseer inside XNA with pinjoints:

Note that it's only the torso and upper arms.
Jul 25, 2008 at 5:17 PM
could i possibly see the source code for that? Just the Ragdoll
Jul 25, 2008 at 7:29 PM
Hwat i meant was the "Point" where the hinge is supposed to be just moves all over the place makeing it more like its connected by two sticks and then a ball hinge in the middle...

I found the problem though... it was because i was making the joint THEN positioning the objects, i dont see how this breaks it but, it does lol