Parachturer: Game

Jul 26, 2008 at 6:54 PM
Im starting to make my own game called, Parachuter... I was wondering what i could use for the parachute, perhaps an object with a minus in Mass? It needs to sort of "Break" when it hits an object, i could use a load of linked shapes but i dont know how to "Break a joint?
Jul 28, 2008 at 5:35 PM
Try setting the linear drag coeffecient to a high value on the parachute. 
Jul 30, 2008 at 2:55 AM
Edited Jul 30, 2008 at 2:58 AM
At the moment im just trying to get the ragdoll right but i think im going to try and make a Controller for the Parachute that slows down the gavity of it by quite a bit... But now i have another problem, the ragdoll seems to be a bit stiff in the sense that its hard to rotate, ive set RotationalDragCoefficient to 0 on all parts but it still doesnt rotate freely... Ill edit in download to ragdoll in a sec

Here it is: http://www.box.net/shared/qog9jxbk88

Press Q to put Textures on, Simple Black and white only
Jul 30, 2008 at 9:47 PM
Ayone got any other ideas for the parachute? I tried linking 5 blocks together and then adding them to a container but it didnt come out too well...
Jul 31, 2008 at 5:36 AM
Hmmmm... Ive given up on the prachuting idea, im looking for any other ideas using this sort of system. Any ideas, Anyone? Ive also made the Ragdoll in this demo into a Type for BlitzMax, If anyone would like it just ask and ill upload it somewhere