Silverlight residue in VS2008 project ... also, where's VS2005?

Topics: User Forum
Aug 12, 2008 at 4:20 AM
It may be worth noting that your VS2008 project has Silverlight references in it, which is bad news for those of us who don't use Silverlight or XNA but still want to play with Farseer.  I'm also a little curious as to why there isn't a VS2005 solution posted.  I mean, the conversion process takes about 60 seconds if you're lazy, and the source is 100-percent compatible.  I mention this because not everyone knows how to convert from VS2008 to VS2005, especially when a project file contains uncommon references.  (By the way, project conversion is documented here.)

Anyway, I'm not really complaining.  Porting it to VS2005 was a cinch, so I'm happy.  I'm making a lateral move from Physics2D.NET, the demos for which are extremely nice, but I cannot prevent my rectangles from sliding through each other, and the community support for Physics2D is basically non-existent.  I've yet to actually put Farseer to use, but I  was thoroughly impressed at how simple the XNA tutorial was.  I'm looking forward to it.

Oh, is there a mailing list so I can stay notified of updates?