Source disparity betwen repo and straight download

Topics: Developer Forum, Project Management Forum
Jul 24, 2012 at 4:44 AM

There are differences between downloading the source in zip format and checking out the source through svn.

These files are in the svn checkout, but not in the zip file:

Curve.cs, CurveKey.cs, CurveKeyCollection.cs, MathHelper.cs, Matrix.cs, Vector2.cs, Vector3.cs, WheelJoint.cs

These files are included in the source zip, but not available through svn:

FixedDistanceJoint.cs, FixedFrictionJoint.cs, FixedLineJoint.cs, FixedPrismaticJoint.cs, FixedRevoluteJoint.cs, LineJoint.cs,

I am confused.

Jul 24, 2012 at 5:54 AM
Edited Jul 24, 2012 at 6:00 AM

Hmm, the "newest" revision is 94324 on the site and in the ZIP, while the SVN repo is giving me a rev. 98834 on check-out.

Jul 25, 2012 at 1:50 AM
Edited Jul 25, 2012 at 2:09 AM

Another thing that doesn't make sense is when using the source from the repository you get custom versions of Matrix, Vector2 and Vector3.

I just tested building the dll using the source checked out from the repo. You can't use the compiled library in an XNA project. Visual Studio wont allow the duplicate type definitions:

Edit: disregard. I didn't see the "#if(!XNA)" at the head of those files.

Aug 7, 2012 at 2:37 AM

Those files (the Vector2, Vector3 and so on) are my small attempt to make the engine able to work without XNA. Being a physics engine, we actually don't need any of the fundamental stuff that XNA offers, but we do need some sort of representation for a 2D and 3D vector. XNA just happens to provide one, so I adopted it. The class library version of the engine includes those files, while the XNA version does not.

Also, the engine in the source control is only half finished. I would recommend that you use the one from the downloads section.