In what platforms do you use FSE for? Windows Phone? MonoGame? Else?

Topics: Developer Forum
Nov 19, 2012 at 11:40 AM

I am asking this guys so I will have a better dicision on what game engine/framework I should use. I am loving XNA with Farseer. but the problem is I can only deploy it to Windows Phone. I know it can be converted to be run to Android and iOS by using MonoGame. But I think it's a lot of work too. So guys is XNA and Windows Phone your current platform? (Sorry for my bad english guys)

Nov 19, 2012 at 2:58 PM

I didn't find it too difficult to rewire Farseer to work with MonoGame. Depending on what platform you're targeting, you can probably just remove the reference to Microsoft.Xna.Framework and replace it with Monogame.Framework. I targeted Windows Phone 8 with Monogame for my latest project, so I had to copy Farseer's classes into a new class library targeting WP8 on the ARM architecture in order to reference correctly, but otherwise very few issues with Farseer (now, setting up Monogame for WP8, that's another story... but still not too difficult).

Farseer is a great solution so far, except I'm having some major performance issues when debugging (not present in standalone run).

Nov 20, 2012 at 7:44 AM

Thank you bro. So I decided to continue developing my started XNA game, and later convert the framework to MonoGame then try to port it to android. Thank you for sharing your experience with porting using MonoGame bro.