Hello world!

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
Jan 10, 2009 at 7:34 AM
Hello all, i am new to this forum but have been using Farseer physics for several months (at first just playing around with it, then putting it to work on building a The Incredible Machine/Fantastic Contraption style game leaning heavily toward the latter), and i just wanted to say hi. I also wanted to mention that i was planning to eventually release the game via Xbox live Community games (is that ok? if it isn't, i understand).
Coordinator
Jan 10, 2009 at 2:07 PM
Great to hear that. You are welcome to release your game to the public as long as you comply with our license. (seen here)
It's a pretty open license so you should have nothing to worry about.

We would be grateful if you posted a link to some screenshots or other goodies. It's always great to see (and hear) what your work is being used for. Also, it would be great if you noted in your game that you use Farseer Physics as your physics engine. This helps other people to discover Farseer Physics.
Jan 11, 2009 at 7:11 AM
Thank you for the kind words. However, the game is still in it's early stages of development and I am still finishing the basics. Once I finalize the style of the game and actually built more of the game, I will post screen shots, info, and maybe a video! I do have a problem though with my development: I am attempting to construct levels larger than a screen size, and I have a system but it makes the game fairly choppy. The system uses render targets and I don't have much experience with them so maybe someone could either suggest ideas to fix it, or other methods to implement large levels. I can post code, I am just not sure what to post. If you can tell me what code you would need to help, I will gladly post it.
Coordinator
Jan 11, 2009 at 12:55 PM
I can help you with the physics part of your game. As for the drawing part, I can suggest forums like Ziggyware.com and Gamedev.net.
If you run into performance problems with the physics engine, feel free to post.
Developer
Jan 12, 2009 at 12:56 AM
As Ian said above the graphics part of your game is up to you. As I am also really into graphics programming as well as physics I am glad to help, but you have to be more specific with your problems. To get the best advice from me you'll need to send me everything you have. Then I can review it and try to give you some ideas. Also, a good description of how your code works would be great. My email is mattbettcher@gmail.com. You'll need to clean your project and remove all exe files before sending it.
Jan 12, 2009 at 2:58 AM
@genbox: that's fine

@mattbetcher: thanks for the offer, but I will try and figure it out myself. The effort will be more than worth it later, as you never know what project might crop up down the road that will make me need this type of skill. I also have an idea in mind for another type of system that shouldn't have these problems.