Question about linear spring

Jan 11, 2009 at 5:06 PM
It's me again (the bugmenot), I made a private account :)

I need to model something very similar to the front suspensions of a motorbike. The problem is that the linear spring lets both objects rotate where I need one of the connections to be "fixed".

How could I do that?

Greetings
Coordinator
Jan 11, 2009 at 8:04 PM
You can create a FixedAngleLimitJoint on the part you need to stop rotate. Set the max and min angle to 0.
Jan 11, 2009 at 8:19 PM
The way I understand how the FixedAngleLimitJoint is that it limits the angle in world space, but I need to fix the angle relative to the spring, I need one of the connections of the spring to be fixed (in the motorbike example the spring has to be fixed to the chassis) and the other one to let the object rotate (the side connected to the wheel).
Coordinator
Jan 11, 2009 at 8:31 PM
Yep, the FixedAngleLimitJoint limits the angle of the body you put it on. I misunderstood you, I thought that you needed one of the bodies that the spring was connected to, to be fixed.

We don't have the ability to limit the angle of the spring relative to the body. You will have to make sure that the 2 bodies you connect with the spring can't move relative to each other instead of relying on the spring to do that.