Farseer and Monogame

Topics: Developer Forum
May 8, 2013 at 4:17 AM
Hi people.

First of all thanks for the support and sorry for my bad english.

I'm porting the WP game Cosmorphosis to Android using Monogame and Farseer Physics and everything was fine until I test the game on the telephone LG p705g

In this phone the game is running with lags from 10 to 30 FPS, so... you can't play on it.

Searching for a solution I found the application Farseer Physics Android

I downloaded it and I realized that "Texture to vertices" for example is running at 5 FPS if I move the texture.

So, maybe this phone does not supports Farseer Physics for Monogame. My question is, what would be the minimun requeriments to have at least 30 FPS with monogame and Farseer?

Thanks and regards.

Pablo
May 8, 2013 at 1:36 PM
I don't know about the minimum requirements and want to know too, but just came here to say Thank you for you information. I haven't try in the phone platform yet. But will use it soon for porting to Windows 8 Metro App.
May 8, 2013 at 1:54 PM
My game and the Farseer Application it's working fine in the phone Samsung S2 and in this tablet

My game and the Farsser application hangs in a Motorola Xoom 2.

It would be awesome to know the minimun requeriments to decide if I continue with the porting or not.

Thanks,

Pablo
May 10, 2013 at 12:52 PM
I've been experimenting with getting Farseer to run well with Monogame on iOS and Android devices lately.

It will run fine on iOS devices if I set the IsFixedTimeStep property on my game class to False. I think this should help on Android devices as well, but I haven't verified this yet. There are also some compiler settings you can try, check out the thread here: http://farseerphysics.codeplex.com/discussions/437756