Why is Farseer not working in Windows Phone 7/8?

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
Jun 19, 2013 at 9:09 AM
I created a new Windows Phone Game (4.0) project in Visual Studio Express 2012 and added the Farseer project to the solution explorer. But adding a reference to the Farseer project is not working. I always get this error message:

A reference to 'Farseer Physics XNA WP7' could not be added. References with different refresh levels are not supported.

What is wrong? How can I use Farseer in Windows Phone 7/8?
Coordinator
Jun 27, 2013 at 9:18 PM
I use Visual Studio 2010 with Windows Phone SDK 7.1 for development. Microsoft made a mess of things when they released the WP8 SDK and required people to update to Windows 8, which I am not willing to do.
Jun 28, 2013 at 1:58 AM
I am doing something similar, and I think I got further than you did. I am using Visual Studio 2012 Pro, and including MonoGame in source code form as a project reference. There are a lot of hoops you have to jump through, including editing the vcproj file and adding some lines to suppress Microsoft's XNA libraries, and also setting build architecture in projects manually based on whether you're building for the emulator or device. If you decide to go the MonoGame route I might be able to find links for you.

My own personal problem now seems to be that some re-entrant code is messing me up. But no complaints here, I'm just happy that I've got it building at all. I think the re-entrancy is only a startup phenomenon in my case, but the library definitely frowns on it (where "frowns" == "crashes"). ;) Back to debugging...
Jun 28, 2013 at 7:47 AM
The line <XnaRefreshLevel>1</XnaRefreshLevel> was missing in the Farseer project. It's working now.
http://gamedev.stackexchange.com/questions/57765/why-is-farseer-not-working-in-windows-phone-7-8