Another Collision Detection Question

Jan 26, 2009 at 2:53 AM
I seem to be having a little trouble understanding some problems I am having making the collision detection / response work properly.

When I use the "GeomFactory.Instance.CreateRectangleBody" to create 2 Geoms in the 0 Collision group, I get the proper collision / response.
However, when I use "GeomFactory.Instance.CreateGeom" and pass 4 points to each instance to create the 2 Geoms in the 0 Collision group, my sprites pass right though one another.
However, if I use the same "GeomFactory.Instance.CreateGeom" to create the 2 Geoms exactly as I had done before, but make one of them static, then I get the correct collision /response again.
I have also tried various values of the gridsize variable ranging from the "width of the sprite" to the "width of the sprite / 10" but that didnt seem to have any effect what so ever.

Any ideas what kind of dumb mistakes I could be making to cause such a problem?
Jan 26, 2009 at 3:24 AM
the CreateGeom methods appear to clone an existing geom. Try CreatePolygonGeom (or one of it's derivatives) to make your geoms. Also, make sure you are insertign your points into your Vertices class in a counterclockwise function.