Farseer For C++

Feb 5, 2009 at 12:10 AM
Is there a Port of Farseer for Visual C++ Express? I started using Farseer in BlitzMax and found it was the best engine ive used so far, i started using C++ Quite recently and decided to change over to it completely but now im lacking my favourite engine... If there isnt one at the moment, would it be possible for someone to do this? If not, does anyone have any kind of example or tutorial for the JellyPhysics Library released by Walaber?
Feb 5, 2009 at 5:26 AM
As i understand it the regular library will work with any .NET application. Just go to the downloads and select the one that says Farseer Physics 2.0.1 Class Library. Add a reference then perform the appropriate function calls in the appropriate functions of your game.
Mar 16, 2009 at 9:35 PM
Okay... And in "Complete Noob at C++ so i dont know what the fu** you just said!"'s terms?
Mar 16, 2009 at 10:38 PM
You can't use Farseer Physics with Visual C++ Express because the Farseer engine is made to run on top of the Microsoft .NET framework. Visual C++ Express build only native executables (assembly code). If you use Visual C++ .NET, you will be able to use Farseer physics, but the output .exe will be a .NET executable, the same as C#.

To use it with C++ Express you need to:
-Translate the source code to C++
-Build a wrapper in C++ to call the Farseer .NET library functions/classes, which don't make sense to me.
Coordinator
Mar 17, 2009 at 1:52 AM
As beber said, you are not able to use FP unless you use managed C++. FP will not work with native C++ unless you make some kind of wrapper or translate the source code.
If you use native C++ and want a physics engine, you should have a look at Box2D. Farseer Physics originally came from Box2D Lite (a simple version of Box2D).