Soft bodies?

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
Feb 16, 2009 at 6:01 AM
Well i was wondering about the specifics of how to create soft bodies. If someone could explain to me in detail how to make soft bodies in Farseer i could patch together a sample and maybe even a factory to make them (see my post about this here). This would allow the users to have access to all of that soft-body goodness in 2.1!
Coordinator
Feb 16, 2009 at 6:56 AM
I might have mentioned it before, but Matthew has already made a fake softbodies example. It is not something we want to support right now (make usable other that a sample to show it off) because it is very heavy in computation and the engine can't simulate complex fake soft bodies at high performance.

I'll talk to Matt about the fake soft bodies.
Feb 17, 2009 at 2:55 AM
If properly performed, i don't see why a fake softbody factory would be a problem. Things like assigning a collision category to all of the including geoms that precludes them from trying to collide with each other (if that doesn't cause problems) and other stuff would probably help. I am thinking of using a small 4 vertex geoms with the proper arrangement of springs and joints, with one assigned per vertex on a given model.