Try out a new game that uses Farseer

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
Mar 6, 2009 at 2:11 AM
Hey guys! I just released a game that uses Farseer. You can see a video of it here:

Check it out, download it, and play it for free! Make your own levels and send them to me! (rhyme not intentional)

Mar 6, 2009 at 6:07 PM
Great game!!!   Did you use Farseer for collision? I also noticed some nice particle effects from the chimneys as well. Great job.
Mar 6, 2009 at 10:15 PM
Thanks =)
I used Farseer for the collisions, and I couldn't be happier with it, and all the help this community has given me concerning the engine.
Mar 6, 2009 at 10:48 PM
Great game :) Looks like a lot of fun too.
Mar 7, 2009 at 5:22 AM
Looks cool! ill download it soon and try it. :)
Mar 8, 2009 at 6:27 AM
Edited Mar 9, 2009 at 3:58 AM
Ive tried the game and i'm very impressed. I like it, but the controls are a bit hard to use. Perhaps you could switch to the arrow keys? I especially like the way mario, er, oriam goes throught pipes. Also, the music was nice but a tad repetitive. I only found one bug (aside from the usual problems that arise from tiled geoms): in the third level, near the set of bricks that goes question mark, brick, question mark, brick, question mark, brick, if you jump it will sometimes freeze with the error "An error occurred trying to play the cue named "pop1".  Is the cue name correct?". Also, anytime a powerup or clam goes off the screen, it disappears. Completely. Maybe the code you use for object deletion is a little touchy?
Mar 14, 2009 at 1:54 AM
2 other bugs: Every time i die, when it reloads the level, there is a different arrangement of sprites for the solid stuff. Maybe a diagram would help:
Go-round 1:

Go-round 2:

D is dirt, and B is one of those metal looking blocks.
Also, i seem to have an unlimited amount of lives (the counter just goes into the negative when i keep dying after i hit zero).
One other thing: what you might want to do is check if the tile can be collided against and not create a geom if you don't have to. That might speed things up quite a bit.