How do i use the patches?

Mar 17, 2009 at 9:27 PM
Edited Mar 17, 2009 at 9:32 PM
I downloaded the top 3 patches in source code,
the gravity controller and joints
the collider
and the debug view one

But now it will not let me use them
I unzipped them and put the .cs files into the solution(under the farseer physics project)
then it just tells me their are things with the same name, so i delete the things with the same name, then it tells me their is ambiguity, and when i try just the physics simuator view project, it gives me 53 errors about ambiguity.

any help would be greatly appreciated
Mar 17, 2009 at 10:15 PM
It sounds like you broke your copy of farseer so start with a new one
Well i dont know about Dr. Deth's patch but my two patches are not too hard to install:
For the Gravitate Joint and Controller patch: take all of the contained files and put them in the Joints folder inside the (Dynamics i think it is?) folder.
For the Do Not Collide List patch, put all of the files into the Collisions folder. When asked if you want to iverwrite files, say yes.
(mental note: include install instructions with any patches i upload in the future)
Mar 17, 2009 at 10:31 PM
The newest source code checkin contains the GravityController. DrDeth made several patches and the one with polygon clipping is also included in the latest checkin. You can download our latest checking here
Mar 17, 2009 at 10:34 PM
thats a large list which one should i download?
ANd are those basically just the completely updated versions of farseer, like if i download the first one will it include a farseer project with all the bug fixes?
And afterwards how would i implement it into my solution, would i just put in the project folder and it would have all the patches and bug fixes?

Sorry i need things explained in great detail the first time i do them : P
Mar 17, 2009 at 10:45 PM
No problem, always ready to answer questions, no matter how detailed.

The list you see is all our checkins. The newest is at the top (currently called #48274) and contains ALL the latest bugfixes and patches. Whenever I do something to the code, it's immediately visible on the website. This also means that if I make an error in the code, it will be in the latest checkin.
We are currently working on Farseer Physics 2.1, so all the changes you see in the latest checkin is how far we are with our goal.

Just download the checkin and you will have the complete project with documentation, our tools, scripts and demos. Everything is in there compared to the releases that only contain the project (some of them also have samples).

I would recommend that you use the releases instead of the checkins unless you really need some of the features in the latest checkin. The project as we use it (the developers) is a little more complex setup than the one we release. But you are welcome to give it a try, you could risk learning something from it ;)
Mar 18, 2009 at 1:37 AM
Edited Mar 18, 2009 at 1:38 AM
listen bud,
i make a strong attempt at avoiding learning of any size, shape, or matter
in this situation i'll have to give in
but learnings a slippery slope, once you start, you may never turn back
Mar 18, 2009 at 2:02 AM
*chuckle* yeah it is... i started when i was little and now i can't stop! But seriously, i've taken a look at a few of those, and i don't understand how to get a working project from them.
Mar 18, 2009 at 3:08 AM
a HA~!#
Well i succesfully downloaded and inserted the project into my code, not much is different only a few things so far which havent been a problem, it has the gravity controller but im not sure about the gravity joints, and it doesnt have the physics simulator view.
Mar 18, 2009 at 4:56 AM
Yeah sorry about that i don't know how to write physics sim view code for that.