Minor note about the new builds

Topics: Developer Forum
Mar 23, 2009 at 4:14 AM
i was playing around with the new builds, and opened up the FarseerPerformance project and when i tried to fire it up i got 13 errors, all of which were: "The type or namespace name 'GravityController' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)". Might want to look at it.
Mar 23, 2009 at 7:28 AM
The FarseerPerformance project is broken right now. We are focusing on developing FP 2.1. We also need a new benchmarking project that test the whole engine.
Mar 23, 2009 at 11:48 PM
All right. I downloaded build 48445, and opened the SAT project. Everything worked fine (and ran fast and everything) but 2 things:
1. In the Static Bodies demo, the platforms can penetrate the crossbars linking the circles on the agent.
2. I couldn't find any of the SAT  code, where is it?
Mar 24, 2009 at 7:34 PM
1. I've not tested that demo out yet. Will try it out soon.

2. It's located inside Collisions\SAT.cs
Thanks to the decoupled design of the narrow phase, everything related to SAT is in that file.
Mar 25, 2009 at 1:11 AM
RCIX - thanks for finding a bug. I'm still in the fairly early stages of SAT development but any help is very appreciated.

Also if anyone can come up with any crazy tests or just plug this build into your current venture and let me know the details that would be great.
Mar 25, 2009 at 1:17 AM
RCIX - just found and noted the problem. Contact points are only being generated for non-static body's at this time. This will change in the near future as my implementation matures.
Mar 25, 2009 at 2:05 AM
Another bug: the collisions act funny in what appears to be the concave sections of the texture to vertices demo's odd-shaped polygon.