Tire Storm

Apr 14, 2009 at 7:25 AM
Anyone tried the Tire Storm game (link to it is on the Engine Usage wiki page)? It's fun! the best i could do was around 1 minute and 49 seconds. How well can you do?
Apr 14, 2009 at 5:44 PM
I tried it but didnt find it very fun, sorry
But that cliff diver game is the bees knees,
now that game is fun to the max
Coordinator
Apr 14, 2009 at 5:51 PM
@tlegion: You are only saying that because you got 30 seconds ;)

It's a fun game. I think I went over 2 minutes in one instance. It's a simple gameplay and becomes really hard after one minute!
Apr 14, 2009 at 7:05 PM
Edited Apr 14, 2009 at 7:10 PM
haha, jealous?
I tried it and wasnt into it I am sorry,
Cliff diver was extremely addictive and took quite a bit of skill,
I have yet to beat all the levels so I am gonna go play it now.

edit:
Dam macs gotta wait till I get home,
and when i do Im breaking 3 minutes on tire storm just so i can rub it your face ; D

Apr 14, 2009 at 11:42 PM
Edited Apr 14, 2009 at 11:58 PM
Huh. i can't get much over 1:50 (i played more after that first post). The problem is that these massive waves come and make the platform essentially vertical (at least after the tire slams into it) dumping me off. 2 minutes though genbox? wow!
Not to get off track here, but a few things about diver:
 * the thing you're controlling looks suspiciously like the ninja from N....
 * it's hard! i cant get really dive off of a cliff, i more fall off. (this may be due to the fact that i'm using a trackball mouse)
 * it's nice over all, challenging and fun
Apr 15, 2009 at 12:35 AM
alright first try i got it up to respectable 1:37 and the game is nifty but starting all over in a time based game isnt very fun to me.
Apr 15, 2009 at 5:22 AM
2:09, first try.  :P
Apr 15, 2009 at 6:51 AM
Listen, Jerky?
What kind of name is that,
grow up
go outside
you play this game way to much
Wait,
o woops
thought this was xbox live : P
Apr 15, 2009 at 7:31 AM
@tlegion: lol...
@Jerky: how did you survive those massive waves? usually the tire gets tossed into the air and slams down on the log tilting it to vertical.
Apr 15, 2009 at 9:52 AM
Edited Apr 15, 2009 at 10:12 AM
This game is exactly what I want to do with my ship game. I cannot seem to get a ship added to the WaveController/FluidDragControllers correctly because the object just falls full speed down the screen. I am using XNA and have not attempted a Draw method for the waves, but shouldn't the ship still appear to be floating on invisible waves if the Geom was passed to it correctly? As far as the game, I enjoy! I think it wold be really fun to make a boat go forward through the water without tipping over and make it sink if it does. TireStorm is the main reason I decided to use Farseer as my games physics engine, but I probably would have used it even without the wave features.