Weird bouncing when switching to svn

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
Apr 18, 2009 at 6:25 AM
I am now experiencing some crazy bouncing when I switched to the trunk code from last night.  I wanted to play with the GravityController, so I got all the code into my example.  I haven't made any changes, and everything runs without errors, but my main player now bounces all over the place.  Any ideas?

Here is a video of it:
http://vimeo.com/4207862
Coordinator
Apr 18, 2009 at 12:42 PM
I might have introduced a bug with some of the new functionality. Is it possible for you to send me the code for your game? I need to know the checkin between 2.0.1 and 2.1 where the change happened.
Apr 18, 2009 at 11:42 PM
From doing a step by step debug, it seems like it is happening as it calculates linear velocity as I apply torque.  I can send you a link where I have the file (rar file), just let me know what email to send it to.  Most of the code is from your simple examples still.
Coordinator
Apr 18, 2009 at 11:50 PM
I will send you my mail in just a second.
Apr 19, 2009 at 7:23 AM
Edited Apr 19, 2009 at 7:24 AM
I believe the rotation value is being added to the linear velocity value somehow (although I haven't gone digging to find out where).  I came to that theory because I have a button (Y) that when pressed, stops rotation of my block.  When I hold that down, the bouncing stops until I apply torque again.  Check there for the bug.  If I notice anything else, I'll let you know. 

The only other thought I think it could be is the joint I am creating is getting broken or exploding somehow.
Coordinator
Apr 19, 2009 at 9:26 PM
I've fixed the bug you were having. It was a problem with the pinjoint you used to attach the geometries to the ground (and other boxes). It's actually a bug I have fixed before, but it seems that it got lost somewhere. It should be fixed in the newest source code checkin. Thanks for reporting the bug.
Apr 19, 2009 at 11:33 PM
Yup its fixed.  Thanks!  I'll keep you suggestions in mind too.