Gum Drop is out!

Topics: Developer Forum
May 6, 2009 at 8:11 PM
I have Gum Drop now available for download on www.occasionalgamer.com. It's powered by farseer so have at it! hehe :)

Here's the description:

Gum Drop, a free 2D top down space smashing game has been released for free by Elbert Perez, a part time independent developer.  Featuring physics based smashing action in space, Gum Drop defines a new way to play the top down space shooting genre by removing the shooting mechanic and adding the S.M.A.S.H(Structural Mining Automated Swinging Hammer ) system. The S.M.A.S.H system appeases the player's primal urge to smash up enemies, and collect the rewards of his smashing.

• Fight in the colorful depths of outer space in a beautiful 2D top down view
  • Link to your S.M.A.S.H to swing it around or throw it at enemies for metal bending destruction
  • Leave you S.M.A.S.H unlinked and let it follow you around or direct it to S.M.A.S.H directly into your opponents
  • Fight over 15 different enemies of various shapes,sizes, and behaviors
  • Feed your base with Gum Drops to get more Power-Ups that will give you the advantage you need

Coordinator
May 6, 2009 at 8:13 PM
Edited May 6, 2009 at 8:48 PM
Congratulations mechaghost. Downloading while writing this ;) Thanks for making it available for us to play with.

Edit: Played with it a little, one thing is for sure, I suck... It is a great game and once you get the smashing-thing going and get your dirty little hands on some powerups, it's all good action.
The physics is just flawless too. Can't believe you got high speed geometries working that good.
May 6, 2009 at 11:34 PM
Great job man its really good
love the art, sound, menus, gameplay its all great
the controls ar e abit awkward at first and i agree with genbox
around the 4th or 5th level i coudl stop dying on normal, i suck haha
May 7, 2009 at 1:25 AM
Excellent!
May 7, 2009 at 6:51 AM
@genbox: I'm not doing anything special with the high speed geometries, which means farseer was awesomely made :) But of course we all know that

@tlegion: Thanks for the support!

@robertdodd: woohoo!

@everyone: What do you guys think would make it even better? I'm open for suggestions on improvement, or what you guys think is lacking from the game. I still have DBP and IGF coming up so I have time to improve on it even more