Tutorials for actual games (for people, like me, who would want to learn Fareer)

Topics: Developer Forum
Sep 11, 2014 at 10:19 PM
Edited Sep 11, 2014 at 10:19 PM
Hi,

I'm writing to ask a simple question. Due, to what I see as, a lack of tutorials out on Farseer as it pertains to creating actual games with it (like a simple Space Shooter, Platformer, or even a Pong game). Are there any tutorials for this physics engine?

I would LOVE to use this program in conjunction with MonoGame, but the problem that keeps me away from doing this is that, yes, there is some documentation. But the only way I can learn is via tutorials and actually programming something with this engine.

Due to the fact that I can't find any tutorials on this engine, I think that sure, it could be an awesome program to use. But what's the use if there's not legitimate way to actually LEARN the program in action?

If anyone knows of any Farseer tutorials (including those that are used in conjunction with making a sample game), I would appreciate it.

Thank you.
Sep 22, 2014 at 9:12 AM
Hi pj,

Have you looked at the Farseer Physics 3.5 samples and run that .sln? It contains most if not all the examples I needed to make a cave shooter type of game.

Regards.

Jon